2011年11月15日火曜日

Journal C

I respect Oda Eiichiro. In 1975, he was born in Kumamoto.
When he was 4 years old, he found the existing animator. He likes to draw some picture because of his father. His father was a painter. He liked reading comic books. Therefore he dreamed to be a cartoonist. When he was 5th grade of elementary school student, he was influenced by "captain tsubasa" which is famous comic books about soccer and he joined in soccer club. 3 years later, he decided to make a pirate story and set a goal to serialize it on "Weekly Jump" which is famous book in Japan. When he was 17, he got some awards in amateur division. 2 years later, he drop out university and became an assistant of  one cartoonist. On the other hand he also made a pirate story by himself. In 1997, his work started to be serialized on "Weekly Jump". The name of comic book is "ONE PIECE"!!!!!!! Nowadays it is one of the most famous comic books and read all over the world. There is no exaggeration to say that it is one of the representations of Japanese culture!

There are three reasons why I respect him.
 First, he achieved his goal which he dreamed since he was a child. He never gave up being an cartoonist. And he never changed his mind. I think it is difficult to make a living to write manga. If the manga doesn't hit, the cartoonist can't get enough money. However, Mr.Oda wasn't afraid of it. I think he didn't think about it at all. Now he can do what he wanted to do and earn money. It is amazing things!! How many people can earn money through the work which they want to do?? I think the answer is a little.

Second, ONE PIECE is attracting a lot of people all over the world because the story is pretty good! Sometimes it tells us an important things and it is useful in our life. He sends us some massages through it. I can't make such a grate story. However in the future, I want to do somethings which is attracting people and make them feel happy.

Third, he is contributing international exchange. I think some of foreigner who has interests Japan started to have interests after they read "ONE PIECE". We can talk about it with some exchange students. It is fun!!!

That's why I respect him.

Thank you!!☆(^0^)

1 件のコメント:

  1. Thanks for all the info on Oda Eiichiro, Yuika. Of course, I've heard of him - and I agree that he is contributing to international exchange between Japan and other countries.

    I think it is best to just DO what is important to you to do. Sometimes, I think people get distracted from doing what they have a call to do by the need to earn money. Of course it's important to become self-supporting! However, I think people have *some* free time even when they're working full time. If a person is dedicated to doing what they need to do to be who they truly are, then they'll use every moment of their free time to do it - even if they never make any money doing it. There are many ways to defy gravity. *smile*

    280+++ words!!! = 7 APs!

    Mr. W.

    返信削除